FellowshipJoin us for special events
Our gatherings are not limited to Sunday mornings. St. Mark’s offers many opportunities for getting together outside our weekly worship service. Some are annual, some are monthly, and some are even more often. Check in with us to see how you can get more involved with the congregation outside of Sunday services. Upcoming events will be announced. Below are just some examples of our events.
- Sunday ECW brunches and breakfasts
- Annual home cooked spaghetti dinners and Fish Fry Fridays presented by the ECW
- Brown bag lectures with Julio Perez, extension agent for the UF IFAS Agricultural Center Putnam County. His specialty is Florida friendly native plants, pesticide testing and education.
ECW Ladies al fresco lunch at Velchoff’s Restaurant
- Art openings in the Parish Hall with wine and cheese receptions
- Narrated cruise on the “Pride of Palatka” with local historians highlighting early settlements along the St. Johns River. Wine, beer and light refreshments.
- Book Club
- Tuscany style dinner party under our oak-canopied promenade at 200 Main Street catered by a local restaurant.
- Each September, St. Mark’s participates in the Putnam County School District fourth grade field trips and hosts a weekend open house for the reenactment of the “1864 Union Occupation of Palatka.” Living history reenactments include educational demonstrations, weapon demonstrations, canon firings, and a tour of the historic home that stood through the war. Meet the women who defied the Union, and whose actions thwarted their attack, as living history experts bring the local historic figures to life.